5 Part HTML5 Game Tutorial: Galaxian Shooter
Steven Lambert has put together a nice 5-part tutorial series explaining how to build a Galaxian-style shooter in HTML5 from the ground up.
The series is geared toward beginners and explains the state of HTML5, common performance problems and how to solve them in JS without additional libraries.
Start from the beginning or jump right into the action:
- Part 1 – Setting up the structure of the game and panning a background
- Part 2 – Create the player controlled ship and it’s properties (move and shoot)
- Part 3 – Create the enemy ships
- Part 4 – Collision detection
- Part 5 – Audio and final touches