New Instant Games Policies for 2021
Facebook Gaming recently announced its changes to the Instant Games Platform. The aim of these new policies is to focus on gameplay and quality over quantity.
Here are some key policies:
- Games should be stand-alone, not part of a network or an upsell
- Discourage developers from building game reskins or similar versions of their own games
- Disallow “copycats” that confuse players
- Encourage unique or fresh content in games
- Games should be complete and well-implemented
- Encourage repeat game sessions
For more details and implementation timeline, check out this article.