Creating a Mobile HTML5 RPG – Guidelines for Beginners
Here are some basic guidelines for creating a mobile HTML5 RPG game. Note: we are aiming to build a classic turn-based strategy RPG.
- The game world – there are lots of free-to-use tilesets online; find what’s best for you
- Main character – create custom objects for each game entity
- Monsters – same as the main character, add the sprite and git it some properties
- Fight scene – this event triggers when the character encounters a monster
- Actions – develop a fighting algorithm for character actions such as attacks
- Win conditions – usually, RPGs use zero life points for win/lose conditions
- Story – you need a compelling story to tie everything in place
Check out this LimeJS tutorial for Mobile HTML5 RPG to learn more.