Zynga’s Jukebox is: “A component for playing sounds and music with the usage of sprites with a special focus on performance and cross-device deployment. It is known to run even on Android 1.6+ devices and needs very few resources compared to other solutions on the web.”
Do not try to do this yourself. I repeat do not try to do this yourself. Mobile HTML5 Audio is a quagmire you don’t want to get involved in right now, use a tested tool.
- Targets low-end devices and mobile platforms
- HTML5 Audio
- Flash Audio as fallback (support for Android 1.6)
- Sound-Spritemap Entries for easier playback
- Multiple Jukeboxes for parallel playback
Jukebox Manager adds the following features:
- Codec Detection
- Feature Detection
- Automatic Work Delegation for busy Jukeboxes
- Automatic Stream Correction (useful for slow implementations)
- Automatic Looping for Sound-Spritemap entries
- Playback of Background Music
This is THE solution for HTML5 Audio playback on mobile, so start here.